Re: [IPk] Re: Insulin dosage

On 9 Jul 2003 at 17:24, Louis Anson wrote:

> It is interesting to that my basal dose is 18 units on
> Lantus, and was 20units of Humalog on the pump.  This shows
> that the pump provides no better absoption if the injection
> technique is good with rotation of sites frequent.

Or the Novorapid covers basal needs as well? This
definitely happens with my daughter. BG's are fairly stable
through the night, falling until around 4am and then
climbing so that bedtime and early morning BG's are
similar. But if she delays or misses breakfast her BG rises
through the morning and reaches the high teens before the
mid-day meal. Her breakfast dose of Novorapid provides the
extra basal insulin she needs during the morning.

Mum to Emily aged 11, dx Oct '99
Novorapid x 4, Glargine x 1,
Robert aged 12 dx Mar '03
Novomix 30 x 2 (+ Novorapid when hungry!),
and Matthew aged 7.