[IPk] Glucotrol

I read about Glucotrol in last Sunday's Sunday Times Style supplement.
Apparently it helps regulate blood glucose levels. Has anyone tried it?
Apparently it contains metformin, the prescription drug used for patients
with type 2 non-insulin-dependent diabetes. I'm insulin-dependent and on a
pump. Will it help reduce highs and lows in my blood glucose levels? It
costs #24.95 for 120 capsules and is available from NutriCentre (phone 0800
586 2290)

Tim Attwooll (21 years type 1, on pump last 2.5 years)