Re: [IPk] Balance/Diabetes UK

On the DAFNE letter issue...I actually know someone who has a loooong family
connection with diabetes (type 1) and who used to run the local DUK group, is
now 'retired' but still has a fair bit of say in liasion with the health auth
here as to what is needed, etc., as the local DUK spokesperson. They firmly
believe that DAFNE is a bad thing and is not OK. In fact, they firmly believe
that anything forward thinking is not OK and this person actually expressed to
 me that things were far better umpteen years ago, with one or two injectiuons a
day, strict dietry guidelines, etc.,  before all these new fangled ideas were
I know this is just one person. But if DUK and the PCT are listening to
 them...! There are people out there. Maybe it was this person who wrote the
about DAFNE!