Re: [IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V2 #441

Hi Pam,

it's a book written by John Walsh, who has been pumping for about 20 years.
It goes into all the detail with regards to setting and testing basals,
bolusing, unused insulin rule, excarbs - couldn't be without it! b I got
mine through Amazon.

Interesting what you say about being hospitalised for five days and then
finding the basals were too high....makes me think the best way to get off
to a good start is to try to set the basals to suit how you live your life
most days (ie hopefully we are not stuck in hospital doing not very much too
often!).  I was lucky though in that my basals seem to have been pretty
right from the start....

Most of my teaching sessions I got when I did DAFNE - that was way before I
knew I would be getting a pump though....