Re: [IPk] 5 months on!

That is brilliant Karen, a fantastic improvement! This shows again how the
 pump can be a great tool for improving ones control, and surely there are a lot
more people with diabetes out there who could benefit with the pump but have
never been given the opportunity. The report by NICE that stated about 5% (or
was it even less, I can't remember) of type 1s would be suitable for a pump is
far too conservative. Far more would be suitable if appropriate training was
available throughout the country.

I have been using the pump for 3 years and have also been able to maintain an
HbA1c of around 5 for all these years. Though saying this, pre-pump on MDI I
also had HbA1cs of 5 for years, though this was at the expense of very
frequent hypos which have now been eliminated with the pump.