Re: [IPk] Going to a meeting about Lantus

Well you could just cut up an ordinary block of cheese into small bits (or
get the individually wrapped mini cheese portions). There aren't many
non-carb snacks that are easily portabe and appealing to kids unfortunately.
Nuts are another possibility. I remember as a kid our favourite midmorning
snack was a handful of peanuts (for some reason much more exciting than a
chocolate biscuit even!), though I can't think why!!! Raw vegetables such as
mushrooms probably wouldn't be so appealing, though that's one of my
favourite noncarb snacks these days!
Anyway, if she's running around she may well still need a carb snack.