From: email @ redacted
Date: 30 June 2003 20:22:58
To: email @ redacted
Subject: RE: [IPk] Yesterdays Hypo

Hi Di

Oh dear, I nearly typed your name wrong then. Nearly put Diane!!!

We did actually give her lucozade at the beginning of the seizure, while she
could still swallow, but it
was just too late. I did think about sending some Lucozade, in a smaller
plastic bottle, to gym, as I
thought that she might drink the whole bottle!! But she said it would be
easier
to have small party
sized cans of coke which are about 15 carbs. I might send Lucozade next week
in
a smaller bottle,
clearly marked. Or I could let her have a large can of coke to sip during
the
time. The last few times
she has got through a bottle of water. So if I replaced this with coke it
might
just do the trick.

Ill let you know what happens.

Remember when I asked you before about Sasha going low, when she did gym on
Fridays just after her
evening meal and injection. Well I took your advice and gave her half the
amount of Novorapid that she
would normally have with that sized meal and it worked really well. Now she
is
doing gym just on Sundays
but for twice as long we have to think again. I find its always worse doing
exercise in the morning as
the insulin is working strongest then. Even with a decrease in the Novorapid
its not enough. I am
worried about decreasing the insulatard too much, if I do that I wonder
whether
it will cause problems
later in the day. Sasha has been injecting at Novorapid at lunchtime now
most
days. She didn't on
Sunday however. Well I will have to see how things go next week and get her
test twice at gym instead
of once. Though we do test before and after gym.

Jackie