Re: SV: [IPk] fast-acting insulins

> Thanks for this Michael.  I'd not heard before that some people find
> Novorapid faster than Humalog.  I have quite a slow response to
> Humalog (as I do to Regular/Actrapid) - have you heard of people
> like me finding Novorapid faster?  If you have, then I'll see if it
> is better for me, too.  Sarah, the original poster, might like to
> try and see if she's a 'quicker with Novorapid' person, too.

I believe it is a very individual thing. Most people find little
if any difference but there are a few that see very large
differences include reactions that preclude the use of one or the
other of the insulin analogs. There are two people on the list
that I know of that have allergic reaction to one of the insulin
analogs and show symptoms of anaphylatic shock but can use the
other insulin analog very successfully. That's pretty extreme and
also very rare. The only way you can find out if a new insulin analog
will work better for you is to try it.