[IPk] Going to a meeting about Lantus

 I spoke to our DSN yesterday about Sasha's bad hypo and had a chat about
Lantus. She said that they were
 having a meeting about Lantus this afternoon at the clinic and has invited me
to go along and there will
 be other parents there who have children who have been using Lantus for a short
while, all older than
 Sasha though. She said that Lantus sounded a good idea for Sasha and even
suggested that we take some to
 try it!! I am sure it isn't that simple!! I don't know what Dr Ackroyd will
say?? He did think that we
 could consider it, but that they had only just started using it then. We were
supposed to see him in a
 couple of weeks but the appointment was cancelled and now we don't see him
until August. I presume the
 DSN will have to get permission. Anyway, I had been hoping, that if we were
allowed to use Lantus that
 we could do the switch during the summer hols. However I don't know how easy or
how long it takes to do
the change and make the switch.  Any comments?

 Could those of you using Lantus remind me again when you give the shot, morning
or evening. I have read
 different opinions about the best time. I suppose it might suit different
people to use different times.
 Do they still need a morning snack. Sasha would like one. She has Novorapid at
school if necessary.
 How do you know when you have the levels of Lantus right? How do you know if
you need more short acting
or more Lantus?

Any comments or tips welcome

Jackie Jacombs