Re: [IPk] RE: Quick Sets

I have started using Quick Sets only recently, but I really like them - they
stick like superglue and I don't need to worry about the angle of insertion
any more as they just go straight in at 90 degrees. I haven't bothered with
putting the plastic cover thingie on the connection point either and have had
no problems, although I always shower rather than bath.

The thing that bugs me is that it is not possible to buy just the cannula bit
on its own, like you can with silhouettes. A syringe of insulin in the pump
lasts me about 6 days and with the silhouettes I could change just the
cannula half way through - a job taking only seconds. Now I have to muck
about with changing all bits bar the syringe, priming the pump etc etc every
3 days, which is an unnecessary bind in my view. Morag Mc Laren of MiniMed
has said to me that she will look into the possibility of supplying the
cannula bit separately and I hope she can work something out. Apart from
anything else, I am buying plastic tubing which I don't need to replace every
3 days and this business is expensive enough.

The Quick Sets are great though!!

Rosemary