RE: [IPk] Re: We're new to all this...

I don't think anyone is doubting your genetic link - it is
clear, but it is not true for most diabetcs (I also have a
figure of 10%).  I am the only person in my family with
diabetes and I have two friends who are also diabetic and the
only ones in their families with diabetes.   I also have a
friend with a diabetc child who's brother-in-law is diabetic
(but they are the only 2 in a very larger family!).

As a diabetic mother I checked all this carefully before
getting pregnant.  I figured my chance of having a diabetic
child was only slightly greater than a non-diabetic and
having had a good life so far and believing that an effective
solution (I don't use the word cure but link the pump to
automatic glucose testing and problem solved!)is close.  I
thought it a risk worth taking.

Beverley Smith
Principal Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader