Re: [IPk] early morning high bgs

On Wednesday 31 July 2002 07:13, you wrote:
> FWIW I use Tesco Value Soya UNSWEETENED "milk".  This is lactose free
> and therefore doesn't do a number on bgs.  It works in tea, some filter
> coffee but NOT instant coffee, cereals, cooking etc.   Taste is OK too.
>
> Just thought it might be an option for others to consider with high bgs in
> the morning.
>
> Rhoda

Hi Rhoda
I tried soya milk for a while to see if it made any difference to anything.
I used both Somerfield Unsweetened Soya milk and a brand I got from Superdrug
- I forget the name now but it was something to do with Sun, like Sun Valley
or something. I found it worked fine in everything, including instant coffee
and cereals. In fact, I actually prefer the taste to that of normal milk,
especially in cereal!
I didn't find any noticeable difference in my energy levels or BGs, so I
switched back because it's a lot more expensive than normal milk.
Now I've at least discovered the cause of my low energy levels (anaemia).
Di