Re: [IPk] Re: We're new to all this...

>On 29 Jul 2002 at 17:18, email @ redacted wrote:
>> I am glad you have come forward to prove that it is
>> hereditary.

Please define, what, for you, the difference between 'proof' and 'a
coincidence' is.

I think that the current research is still much as it was 30 years ago
in broad outline: type 1 diabetes is mainly one disease, with a genetic
component (we are born with a 'gun' inside us), which in some people is
triggered, and in others is not.  Neither the bit of DNA which is the
'gun' nor the triggers have been defined.

dm 30+, 508 1+, a bit jet-lagged.
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)