Re: [IPk] Re: We're new to all this...

>On 29 Jul 2002 at 17:18, email @ redacted wrote:
>
>> I am glad you have come forward to prove that it is
>> hereditary.

Please define, what, for you, the difference between 'proof' and 'a
coincidence' is.

I think that the current research is still much as it was 30 years ago
in broad outline: type 1 diabetes is mainly one disease, with a genetic
component (we are born with a 'gun' inside us), which in some people is
triggered, and in others is not.  Neither the bit of DNA which is the
'gun' nor the triggers have been defined.

Pat
dm 30+, 508 1+, a bit jet-lagged.
--
Pat Reynolds