Re: [IPk] airlines

In message <email @ redacted>, Diana
Maynard <email @ redacted> writes
>> The guidelines also make it very clear the standards of behaviour which
>> are expected from security staff: e.g. they must not request that you
>> must remove the pump.  They can request a visual and physical
>> examination, but must offer to do this in a private area.  They must let
>> you sit down if you want to.  They suggest that you alert them before
>> they discover the pump, ask if you want to sit down, say if you are
>> hypo, etc. etc.
>You can insist on this if you want, but I'm in favour of making life easy for
>yourself, particularly if you have limited time!

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean. The people who are
'insisting' that the security folk behave in this way are the Feds.!
Not me.  I do what you do.  I've only ever had hassle once - in
Guernsey.  US trip this time was fine - as always.  Very, very thorough
search at Denver airport (they did it all who set off the arch, plus
random others) - including scanning the soles of my feet (having asked
me to take my shoes off).  A very sensitive scan: it picked up the
underwiring in my bra, and the pin in my right knee.  They complied
fully with the guidelines.  As I said, some US security are objecting to
having to comply to them - but it's their new employers, not the clients
who are insisting on these guidelines - and do note that they are aimed
at detecting terrorists, while not inconveniencing non-terrorist

Best wishes,

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)