RE: [IPk] funding

Hi Abigail

I have just obtained funding from my local Primary Care Trust
(or whatever they are called), Windsor and Maidenhead despite
my consultant being at Guys.  I don't bother being seen at
any of my local hospitals (whats the point?).  I was
fortunate in that I had the support of my GP and my
consultant (Dr Pickup).  It has taken me a year and several
letters and phione calls.  I was eventually granted the
funding after appealing against an initial negative response.
So my advice? - lots of letters and phone calls and don't
give up.  Always ask what the appeal process is.  If your
hospital won't support you - find another!  I was going to
Guys every 3 months for my first year on the pump and now it
is every 6 months.  The fact that it is 90 minute trip is no
big deal really.

Beverley Smith
Principal Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader