Re: [IPk] the weather

Hot/warm weather usually means better utilisation of insulin.  Therefore
insulin requirements often drop in hot weather.  The corollary of course is
that in cold weather our requirements often go up.

I'm not sure why but my theory is that with heat, our temperature
increases, blood thins (becomes less viscous) and therefore circulates more
freely and so we utilise insulin more efficiently.

I could be wrong, so am open to correction.

This is a pattern I've observed over several years and many of my
US/Oz/Anzac friends have noticed this even more.  But then they have
more warm weather than us <g>

One of those things I tend to forget until the hypos hit in each summer <g>

All the best