[IPk] funding

As a dsn I find it really frustrating that I don't seem to be influencing
funding for pumps in my area.  I feel that part of the reason is that my
consultants haven't much experience of pumps and haven't the time to devote
to getting funding therefore we don't see the positive effects that pumps can
have because few can afford them and few get told about the option.  It
didn't help that a recent patient didn't 'stick to the rules' and has made it
more difficult to fight the cause for others as the case of this one patient
is highlighted whenever I want to broach the subject.  If there are any DSNs
out there who have faced similar problems and overcome them or started to
influence things I'd be really greatful for any tips.  Help from anyone
...listened to and utilised.
Sue