[IPk] High sugars in early morning

Hi, I am not on a pump, but on DAFNE, and was told the following :
1 unit of fast acting insulin decreases BS by 2 - 3 mmols. 1 Carb Portion increases bs by 2 - 3 mmols, and at breakfast generally you need twice as much to counteract the Dawn Phenomena.
So if I were having 75 grams of total carbs, I would have 15 units of insulin (2:1)
It sounds like a lot (I only have 10 grams of carbs at b'fast). But it seems to work, and would explain the hypos when i was on higher doses of insulin prescribed by my consultant!

Any way sorry to have waffled on, but it may have helped!