Re: [IPk] funding

I know exactly how you feel.  I was told shortly after starting the pump
that "The Diabetes Team has considerable Power to persuade the relevant
authorities to consider funding"  My consultant & DSN wrote to the Primary
CAre Trust and the Hospital trust and were turned down flat.
I was told not to give up and wrote to a few places myself with the
asistance of letters of support from DSN.  That was a while ago and I've
heard nothing since.  I think that pump therapy is relatively new down here
and even the professionals didn't realise the political problems involved in
getting funding. However I was given a few infusion sets by the DSN when
cash was at a personal low.  Now I find that the Diabetes centre has a small
stock of minimed pumps for patients use and not all are being used.