[IPk] funding

I wonder how many have obtained funding with the help of a consultant working
away from their local hospital. ie some distance away
I wrote to my health authority recently ( we still have them in Wales) and
they wrote back saying they had funded the initial cost of a pump and
consumables for one patient(  3 months) and the hospital ( not my hospital,
but one about 2 hours away) had agreed to pick up the long term costs as part
of a continuing care package. As far as I am aware there is only one pumper at
this hospital and I assume I would have more chance if I managed to get
support from the consultant I see in Gloucester as they are , I suppose, a "
pump centre"
The locum consultant I see at my district general appears very positive about
pumps ( although was not at all familiar with them until he met me) but I
think he is leaving soon and the hospital might end up with someone else
practising 1970s  diabetes care

I'm starting to feel a little annoyed as I have had a run of needing to change
cannulae 3 hours to 36 hours after insertion due to a variety of reasons
including managing to catch them in my sleep. I've been giving out to threats
( to myself) that if HbA1c in clinic tomorrow isn't well below 8 % I'm going
to go back to MDI
( Don't think I'd really do this- memory is not really that poor!!)