[IPk] Re: On line diabetes book

Hello everyone

I found the comment from Jackie about children having to be more responsible
about their diabetes etc just like Danielle's teacher has told me.  In fact,
it has become so important for Danielle to tell the teacher that she is low,
that the teacher called me over on Wednesday evening when she broke up and
said "Danielle came to me twice today with stomach ache"  so I said "Are you
ok now Danielle?" and the teacher said "She must realize the importance of
telling us when she is hypo and not tell us that she has stomach ache and 5
minutes later she is ok".  I said "Well, she will have the same problems
other children have as well as feeling low" and the teacher said "Yes, but
will you instill it into her that she must not use excuses and she must only
tell us when she is hypo".

I can't win!

Is she not allowed to have anything else wrong with her?

Barbara