Re: [IPk] Sharps Disposal

I met this problem, too, when I moved to Guildford.

Doctor's never heard of the practice, and council had never had the
request before, and wasn't quite sure what to charge, finally plumping
for #40 a year, for two bins.  Which seemed to me to be excessive for a
service which I wanted to perform for them.

I put inserter needles into bg strip tubs, syringes and reservoir
needles (with caps on) into plastic bottles.

Best wishes,

dm 30+, 508 1+, finds the needles from the quickset much harder to
dispose of!

In message <email @ redacted>, Liam Bateman
<email @ redacted> writes
>Does anyone have problems getting rid of sharps.
>I used to get a sharps bin from my doctor. Fill it up (eventually). Take it
> back and swap it for an empty one.
>Since i've moved doctor/ got my last bin. They are refusing to take my old
> one or give me a new sharps bin.
>They don't know how to get hold of a new one, they suggest phoning the
> council. Advice is to clip the needle... put it in a coke bottle and throw
> it out in the dust bin.
>grrrrrr I want my sharps waste to be disposed of properly .

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)