[IPk] Insulin Pump

Hello everyone

Yes, today was the day the Pump Nurse came from Minimed (Medtronic) and it
was so great!  Danielle played around with the machine and the nurse was
happy that Danielle was articulate enough to be able to do everything herself
(just turned 8) but I was not too happy with that aspect of it.  I think I
will take over until I feel she is old enough to understand what happens if
she gives herself too much or her friends want a go at pressing it and what
can happen when too much insulin goes in)

Danielle'e only concern was whether the needle was going to hurt or not.  She
has accepted one of the needles and now she can't wait to get the pump.

We are going on holiday on 10th August and return on 24th August.  I will
have loads of emails to answer but hopefully I will then be able to start
getting my diary together for all of you people who are wondering about
whether the pump is for you or not.