[IPk] Re: sharps disposal

Yes, I used to do this for yrs and yrs (apart from when I was young and my
mum and dad had a coal fire..we burned everything then)! But a couple of yrs
ago they stopped supplying sharps bins..apparently no longer funded by the
health authority. Asked at the chemist, they supplied one then wouldn't
supply any more. I worked in health auth for a few yrs, so used the bins
where I worked! Official policy here is to either clip the end, with a
prescription clipper, or, in the case of lancets which cannot be clipped, put
them in a sealed container (I use a fabric conditioner bottle) and then label
it up securely as Used Sharps...for incineration..then (get this) put it in
the bin?!!!! So, that is what I do...only following local authority advice!
It's not ideal, but what they say to do.