Re: [IPk] Bread and bolusing

Hi Diane
I tend to do this too. BUT I make sure that I don't take any insulin till I'm
sure I've come out of the hypo. However, it went disastrously wrong this
morning. Woke up with a BG of 5.1 (very impressive for me!), had my usual
breakfast. Started walking to work and almost immediately began to feel low.
I stopped at the doctor's surgery (10 mins away) to hand in my repeat
prescription. I had some glucose tabs and felt very shaky, so I sat down in
the surgery till I felt better. The receptionist was a bit confused as I
think she thought I was expecting the doctor to sign my form there and then!
By the time I got to work I was still feeling shaky, though I knew I had
recovered from the hypo, so I had a cup of coffee with sugar (quickest way to
revive me!) and bolused a unit of insulin. Checked my BG an hour later and it
was 18! Oops. I think for some reason my breakfast carbs kicked in a bit
late, which made me go low and then rebound. But why this happened I have no