[IPk] Bread and bolusing

I would strongly recommend the square wave bolusing, I use for 2 functions:
1. When I go out for a meal with friends/ go to see my parents who like
to feed me up. I set the insulin (often larger amounts to cope with the
bigger meal and sweet deserts) to deliver over the next hour. I used
have loads of problems hypo-ing immediatley after meals, and now I can
usually hold glucose steady.
2. (I shouldn't do this according to my DSN). If I have a hypo and
really pig out I work out how much extra I've eaten, I usually need 10
to 20g of carbo to come out of hypo, then give a sq wave bolus for the
remainder over the next hour - this usually stops the rebound. But I'm
still cautious as I know giving insulin when you're hypo can make things
worse.  I know its not best practice but everyone must have gusled a
whole bottle of lucozade/ eaten too much choc cake when hypo, then had
the rebound?

D-Tron user