[IPk] Sharps Disposal

Does anyone have problems getting rid of sharps.

I used to get a sharps bin from my doctor. Fill it up (eventually). Take it
 back and swap it for an empty one.

Since i've moved doctor/ got my last bin. They are refusing to take my old
 one or give me a new sharps bin.

They don't know how to get hold of a new one, they suggest phoning the
 council. Advice is to clip the needle... put it in a coke bottle and throw
 it out in the dust bin.

grrrrrr I want my sharps waste to be disposed of properly .