[IPk] Re: airline advise NB!

Also, to the suggestion of putting insulin in the hold, the advise I have
always had from anyone, including diabetes UK is DON'T! It freezes! And on a
transatlantic trip, espec if not on a pump, you need your meds, so carrying
everything in the hold is a no no! Plus, the airlines advice is carry it with
you in hand luggage! (Or so they say beforehand)! Plus, taske extras in case
you 'lose' or run out of what you need. Alot of meds aren't available in
other countries and even in the US, the cartridges for pens etc are
different. I took out extra insurance to cover any losses butr even so, it
can take a long time to replace anything.