[IPk] Re:Basal rates

In a message dated 7/22/2002 1:34:33 PM GMT Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> My patterns are very similar to Abigails - some dawn phenomenon, but
> insulin resistant (i.e. needing bigger boluses, as well as more basal)
> from 6am to noon.  Then needing virtually no insulin in the late
> afternoon, before zooming up again (and a little more insulin resistant)
> from 6 to 9.
Hi Pat,
Mine too, and my basal levels seem to be similar to yours (perhaps useful for
comparing notes!).  We are all different, but standard advice often isn't
applicable to the individual.  I wish that all those working in diabetology
could appreciate this.

John, thanks for the picture (website's working) and the very useful
magnification.  I'm not sure that I could see such a fault on mine it it
happened but I will think of it (and get Paul to have a look) if I have
unexplainable very high bgs (not so many of late, thank heavens).

IDDM 30+, 508 getting on for two years, review due in two weeks