Re: [IPk] Pre-filled cartridge air bubble removal tip

Hi Richard

I found the easiest way is to stand the pump upright, so the air bubbles
rise to the top of the cartridge, and then prime the tubing - the air
bubbles are taken out.

I must admit I have never had a problem with air bubble appearing after I
have started using the cartridge.

Kind regards

At 17:34 19-07-2002, you wrote:
>Dear Pumpers,
>I have stumbled across a method of reducing air bubbles in pump operation
>that works well with pre-filled cartridges and a D-Tron:
>I carry around a humapen loaded with a cartridge, just in case of pump
>When its time to put a new cartridge in the pump, I put the one I've been
>carrying around in the pen into the pump, and put a new cartridge in the
>pen. So far, so boring, however I've discovered a little trick, which is to
>screw on a pen needle onto the cartridge before I take it out of the pen,
>and then dial up a dose and squirt (with the pen vertical) so that the pesky
>air bubble in the cartridge is completely removed (a bit of tapping on the
>side of the pen is sometimes required to persuade the bubble to rise up to
>the needle).
>The result of this is that there is no air at all in the cartridge when I
>put it in the pump, and because it has been at room temp for several days,
>no more air bubbles appear whilst its in use.
>Whilst I'm on air, I'd like to say how great being on a pump has been for
>the ten weeks I've had it so far. I get my HBA1c done next week, and from my
>BS meter averages (4 week av. of 6.7, with av. of 12 readings a day), I'm
>hoping for a good result.
>Thanks to everyone on this list for their interesting contributions - I've
>been lurking for over a year and picked up a lot that I've put into
>practice. Thanks also to my GP and the Drs and DSNs at the Diabetic clinic
>at Stepping Hill, Stockport for supporting me (and others).
>dm28 dtron 10wk holiday shortly

Diabetes Insight
mailto:email @ redacted
There are No Problems only Solutions