Re: [IPk] Re: Time zone basals

Thanks to all for the all the advice!

I'll expect the unexpected.  I'll think I'll let my normal day's insulin
run through until 5pm (guess I'll be somewhere over the atlantic), when,
rather then letting my basal go up steeply, I'll set a temp of 0.5 and
see how that goes until Friday morning - when I'll see what resetting
the time to local does.

I am very fortunate - I'll have a chance to repeat the experiment next
month as I'm going to San Jose!

I must be lucky - I've had some very good airline meals!  One of the
first Virgin flights I took had a Caribbean chicken dish which had the
first plantain I'd ever eaten.  Air Luxembourg and Sabena used to
compete, I think.  Sabena was the best - sea bass on one hop from
Luxembourg to Brussels!

After my experiences in Guernsey, I've written to the airline and all
four airports asking what they want me to do.  Only one has replied -
advising me to carry minimum supplies, and put most of my syringes and
insulin in the hold luggage ....

Best wishes,

dm 30+, 508 1+,
Pat Reynolds