Re: [IPk] work, irregular hours etc

I've been having a nightmare of a week where control is concerned. Bouncing
from stupidly low BG levels on several occasions to ridiculous highs,
including high of 25 yesterday morning!
I think it's a combination of things - one night I had a lot to drink (not
really by choice) and went very low at about 2am because I didn't reduce my
basals enough, then overtreated the hypo and woke up at 20 the next morning.
Another time I'd done a lot of exercise and a similar thing happened.
Last night I took slightly too much carb before playing softball -
anticipating a more energetic game - and was at 20 after the game had
finished, then dropped like a stone to around 2 by midnight (then overtreated
again and ended up high this morning).
I've also felt terrible all week - no energy, headaches etc.
I've also eaten far more wheat than I normally do. I haven't cut it out of my
diet completely, but for the past year or so I've tried to cut down
dramatically on wheat and it seems to make me feel much better and give me
better BG control. This week for some reason I started slipping a bit, and it
hasn't been helped by the fact that every time I've been hypo I've craved
bread or toast, and happened to have a loaf in the freezer left over from
having a friend visit.
Coincidence? I don't know.
But I'm going back on the wagon where wheat is concerned.....