Re: [IPk] Time zone basals

My guess is that this is linked with jet lag. How long does it take for
your body to hormonally settle in to a new time zone? 1day or 10 days?
We're probably all different. Till then, it would seem sensible to pick a
cautiously low basal rate, and keep testing and taking correction boluses
as you go.

In 1986 I was in New Zealand for a few weeks (on injections) and I seem to
remember I ran somewhat high BGs the whole time. My body declined to
respond to insulin in its usual way. When I got back to Britain (same
insulin bottles) everything settled back down again. I shrug my shoulders
and move on...

mailto:email @ redacted