[IPk] Re: working as a doctor with a pump

What do you do when you get a sudden increase in activity?
I plan to use one rate for day to day, and another for on-call, but was wondering how to cope when the s*!t hits the proverbial fan, eg cardiac arrest etc, do you drop your rate for a while or is it incorporated into your base rate?

Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 10:02:25 -0700
From: "Abigail King" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IPk] Dianne Cook

Congratulations Diane!!
The pump will prove invaluable when working irregular hours with irregular
meals etc. I passed MBBCh 5 years ago and spent my first 2 years going hypo
when on call and scavenging chocolate biscuits from the ward kitchens. The
next year I became so anxious about having a severe hypo that I ran high BGs
instead and felt crap
Then I got my pump.