Re: [IPk] ACE Inhibitors / Receptor Blockers?

>I was wondering if anyone was using ACE Inhibitors or Receptor Blockers to
>protect their kidneys?
>In the UK they are only given to diabetic patients who are have damage to
>their kidneys.
>When you get a high bg, it increases your blood pressure, this then
>damages your kidneys.

Liam - when I had my eyes checked 6 months ago at the eye clinic of my
hospital, the optician (is that the right name? He was a doctor who checks
eyes in a hospital...) told me they now reckon that in diabetes, it's high
blood pressure, rather than high BG, that principally causes retina and
kidney damage. And for this reason we should actively seek a lower BP.

I'd had a slightly raised BP 2 years earlier (around 140/90) and my
diabetes doctor was monitoring the situation. In fact, the BP dropped back
down again of its own accord, so we've not started any treatment.

mailto:email @ redacted