[IPk] Pump Alarms

Audrey,

I have had the same problem with my Minimed 508.  Every time I change the
battery I get the E01 signal and I have to reset the pump.  I e-mailed AMT
(this was a couple of months ago) and they suggested cleaning the battery
connections.  I have done this but it has made no difference.  The pump has
now also given me the E01 signal a couple of times for no reason so, like
you, I am thinking of sending the pump for repair.  I will e-mail Medtronic
first and see if they have any suggestions.

WENDY JOHNSON

I got my first ever alarm after 20 months on my minimed 508 pump - it was an
E01 which I know means it all needs reset as settings and times are lost,
but what concerns me is why it happened.  Can I lose all my settings by
doing a bizarre sequence of button pushing?  I don't think I did that, but I
just am not sure what I did and when, or indeed if I did anything?  Anyone
else had this happen?

My pump was sent back about a year ago as the buttons were sticking
occasionally (ie when I was pressing the buttons nothing was happening) -
and that seems to be starting again.  Maybe I should call Medtronic before
it becomes an emergency.........

By the way does anyone know what happened to Pete Jennings as he does not
seem to be on the list at Medtronic?

Although I am not contributing much recently, I am definitely still here
lurking!!

Audrey Sheal
IDDM 21 years +, Minimed 508 20 months