Re: [IPk] Pump alarms

In message <email @ redacted>
, Audrey Sheal, SE Grampian <email @ redacted> writes
>I got my first ever alarm after 20 months on my minimed 508 pump - it was an
>E01 which I know means it all needs reset as settings and times are lost,
>but what concerns me is why it happened.  Can I lose all my settings by
>doing a bizarre sequence of button pushing?  I don't think I did that, but I
>just am not sure what I did and when, or indeed if I did anything?  Anyone
>else had this happen?

Seems like three or four of us had this happen over the last week.
There's no apparent reason for the E001 alarm (or the E007, etc., which
it seems to alternate with.  Hannah at Minimed suggested that it might
be static.

As Douglas Adams says in his introduction to _Digging Holes in Popular
Culture: Archaeology and Science Fiction_, 'the answer to the rhetorical
question "Can it be a coincidence that....?", is very often YES'.

Best wishes to all,

dm 30+, 508 1+, very familiar with the setup sequence!

Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)