[IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V2 #163

In a message dated 7/14/2002 5:55:20 PM GMT Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> Woke at 05:30 bursting to have a pee. BG 14.0. Hey ho. Guess I'll raise my
> basal tonight to 0.6. It *could* have been an under-bolus for last night's
> dinner. I don't know. (Fried smoked black pudding with potatoes.)

Hi John,
Could this have been due in part to the (fatty) black pudding slowing down
the potato CHO absorption? - you had similar problems with icecream, which is
also a high fat, high carb "meal".  I get this kind of response to these
types or combinations of food, i.e. normal bg at bedtime and high later in
the night (no problems with dawn highs with low fat, high carb food) - a long
square wave bolus seems to do the trick for me without any need to alter
basal rate.

when having a hypo - if I start wondering how on earth I can possibly be so
tired and need a kip at this time of day, that's the warning and I test - but
I'm not so good at that when I know I really AM tired.

IDDM 30+ 508 1.5+