Re: [IPk] Disaster

In message <email @ redacted>,
Smith, Beverley <email @ redacted> writes
>> This seems to be a much better service than that offered by
>> I'm beginng to wonder why anyone would want a minimed pump,
>given the
>> choice!
>That's not true.
Yes, I am afraid it is true.  Disetronic claim, and I've no reason to
doubt them, that they always courier replacement pumps, and to have a
24hr dispatch. Medtronic POSTED me the pump, and it's got lost in the
post.  They did not appear to be able to track what had happened to it,
which suggests to me they did not use one of the high-cost services
where you can track your parcel's progress on-line, but simply stuck
some stamps on it and put it in a post box!   Now, after hassling them,
they've agreed to courier it.  I think Medtronic only dispatch in office

dm 30+, 508 1+, waiting for an apology from Medtronic.  And a pump.  Now
29 hrs.
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)