[IPk] Programming the Pump

Dear John,

Medtronic say that the only software they have is software where the
pump talks to the pc - that is, you can download what your pump has
recorded, much like one downloads a meter.

What I want is something that works the other way round!  I want a PC
(and preferably palm, too) programme, where I can 'drag' the activity
curve of insulin, and the computer calculates what programme of basal
rate will give me that curve, and sends it to the pump.

This would have helped a great deal over the last few days, when I've
reprogrammed the pump three times, and jury-rigged it (single basal
setting, with temp basals to cover the high/low periods) three times.

It would also help in management, generally - it's a lot easier to think
'I need to up the amount of insulin I need at 2pm a little' after doing
a basal test, and pull up a line on a graph a little, than it is to sit
there thinking of the activity curves of humalog, and deciding that I
need a little more insulin from 12.30 to 1!

Best wishes,

dm30 +, 508 1+, dodgy pump 47+hrs, still no replacement.
Pat Reynolds
   (T. Pratchett)