RE: [IPk] Re: disaster

>I am worried about going for the Minimed 508 now for my
> daughter.  I have an
> apointment on 23rd July with the Minimed nurse about going
> for a trial but I
> think I will mention some of the problems that people have
> had and see what
> she says.  I will then be able to post an outline of what
> has told me

I wouldn't worry too much.  I had 24 hr support from my
hospital when I went on the pump and if I had wanted to I
could have phoned Minimed in the US in the night (as a lot of
people do) on their 24 hr number.  I didn't bother because my
problem was not major (manual bolusing had worked fine for 3
days so what was another night!) When I phoned Medtronic
(Hannah Dickinson) the next morning she arranged to have a
replacement pump delivered by courier to my work 4 hours
later.  I think that is excellent service!  It is now working
fine.  I tested it out on half a large box of Ferrero Rocher
last night (lots of bolusing) and BGM's stayed entirely
within the normal range - the things I do in the name of

I love my 508.  Don't deny your daughter one!

Beverley Smith
Principal Development Geologist
SNS Team Leader

Phone: 0118  929 2422