[IPk] Re: disaster

In a message dated 7/11/2002 12:29:47 PM GMT Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> when I realised that
> my pump (508 10 months old) was not working properly.  Every
> time I pressed a button it went dead and then started up as
> if I was changing the batteries!  I couldn't do a self test
> or anything.

Hi all,
Yesterday I had a problem with my 508 (16 months old) - went to give bolus
for evening meal, no change in display happened and none of the buttons
seemed to work when tested.  The time display was still functioning, so I
waited and retried - no luck.  The basals were still clicking away, so I gave
a bolus by injection and thought I'd wait till morning.  This morning things
were working normally.  It did get me thinking, though, about whether
Medtronic provide the same service - and your post has made me think harder!
- and are our pump guarantees still valid with the new company (they should
be - but I'm a cynic and I'd like to see that in writing...).   Odd
coincidence that three of us on a relatively small list should be having
problems now, too.

IDDM 30 yrs+, 508 1.5 yrs+