[IPk] Re: Disaster

I have had absolutely no luck getting any help from Medtronic. When I
phoned them a few days ago (on the number that John has given, 01923
205167) about the problem I was having with my brand new 508, I was
passed around about 3 people, none of whom seemed to know what an
insulin pump was. They then said the person I needed to speak to was
busy and would call me back, which they didn't. I tried again the next
day. Again the person was supposed to phone me back. I'm still waiting.

I also tried the other number which I've been given - the national rate
number that connects to the US. Initially they were too busy to take my
call and a recorded message told me to try again later. When I tried
again a recorded message told me it would be at least 20 minutes until
my call was answered (at least they're honest, I suppose!)

Luckily for me, I was able to give up and simply return the pump to my
clinic, who are now dealing with the problem. I'm not sure what someone
without clinic back-up would do though.

Hopefully the problems with the UK branch of Medtronic are just
teething troubles, as they haven't been doing it very long.
Caroline Batistoni
BDSA Conference Organiser