RE: [IPk] Disaster

Hello all, I had the "touch anything at all on the pump and the whole
thing resets itself" problem a few weeks ago.  It was 10pm and I phoned a
number in the USA.  I didn't have to get called back although I did have
to hang on for a while. They talked me through some troubleshooting and
then asked me to take the batteries out and rest it 24 hours.  I also
changed the battery holder, which had been dodgy previously (acting as if
the contact with the batteries was intermittent) but which had seemed to
have resolved itself at the time. Everything has been fine ever since.
AMT lent me a spare pump for a while though, because I was going to
Romania and feeling a bit dubious about local back-up - even though I was
going to a meeting of diabetologists!  (nothing to do with me - but my
husband gets involved in scientific conferences and I got to go along).
 Embarrasingly it was in Romania that I had one of my most stupid
diabetes moments. having carefully packed insulin, spare insulin, spare
syringes, loan back up pump etc into a carry-on bag, to be kept in my
sight at all times etc etc as you do.  We were met at the airport along
with some others and driven to the hotel in two cars. Somehow I ended up
in one car with my luggage in the boot of the other one.  The car
containing my luggage then broke down on the way to the hotel.  Well it
was a long story but I did eventually discover my precious bag, various
people having denied its existence, in the hotel luggage store before I
had to cave in and ask one of our host medics for a prescription.  I
think in those circumstances the worst thing is having to admit you need
help. And I'll never let my hand luggage out of my sight again! Katharine