Re: [IPk] Disaster

Bad luck Beverley :-)

Back in the old days I left my injection kit in the top drawer in my room
at a hotel in the south of France. We'd arrived in Paris before I
discovered this. They were very polite in the Paris hospital we presented
ourselves at... We were on our way home back to Bristol, so we continued on
our way, and I assembled new kit when I got home.

Worse was about 6 years ago in Germany when we drove about 4 hours to
Regensburg (beautiful city) for a day out. We arrived about lunchtime and I
reached behind the drivers seat into my bag to get my kit. It wasn't there.
It was lying on the kitchen table back in Bayreuth. What to do? Do we
abandon our day out and drive back home again? Or do I seek a hospital in
this largish city that will give me a bottle of insulin and a syringe? I
decided to seek the hospital. This proved very difficult. The Germans don't
seem to like advertising hospitals. It took about 6 hours before I actually
got my injection.

Pat - please contact MiniMed UK asap and get your pump serviced...

John

--
mailto:email @ redacted
http://www.webshowcase.net/johnneale