[IPk] Re: Tingling hands

In a message dated 7/10/2002 9:48:49 PM GMT Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> I was wondering if anyone could help with this really funny sensation in
> my hands?
> I feel as is I have been sitting on them and if I pick anything up I get
> pins and needles in my fingers.
I apologise if this has come through twice, problems at this end!

My advice as a doc is:
First:           SEE YOUR DOCTOR - nobody can examine you and make a firm
diagnosis over the 'phone or e-mail.
Second:       SEE YOUR DOCTOR - Could be something really simple if it's
after activity or sleep at night, but my "over the e-mail" vote would be for
carpal tunnel syndrome, as you're on thyroxine and perhaps my sort of age
("don't look as good as you used to in nightclubs, or have forsaken them" -
sad...).  But there are many possible diagnoses here, so
Third            SEE YOUR DOCTOR!!!

I make no apologies for the emphasis here!

Best wishes, and do let me know how it turns out,

IDDM 30+ yrs, 508 getting on for two years (when do I become an expert?!),
doc 20+ years