[IPk] Re: Tingling hands

In a message dated 7/10/2002 9:48:49 PM GMT Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> I was wondering if anyone could help with this really funny sensation in
> my hands?
> I feel as is I have been sitting on them and if I pick anything up I get
> pins and needles in my fingers.
I hope that no doctor would ever make a diagnosis of anything more than a
minor ailment over the phone, or by e-mail, but I'd like to have a say here.
First, SEE YOUR DOCTOR - you need an expert examination
Second, this does sound to me more like carpal tunnel syndrome, which is
easily treated, rather than the other diagnoses suggested - particularly
likely as you are on thyroxine and possibly in my age group (no longer young
enough to wow folk at nightclubs. Sad.).  AND SEE YOUR DOCTOR.  But there are
multiple possibie diagnoses, so

I make no apologies for emphasising this point!

IDDM 30+ yrs, 508 getting on for 2 yrs now (when do I become a pro?), medic
20+ yrs