Re: [IPk] Minimed 508 Resevoirs

Hi Caroline,

I don't think the reservoir ought to rotate.  Mine doesn't seem to - the
square plunger end is locked between the silver levers and at the narrow
end is a silver hook thing which keeps it in place.  The door won't shut
unless the hook's engaged.

Hope you get it sorted out soon

>From: "Caroline Batistoni" <email @ redacted> >Reply-To:
email @ redacted >To: <email @ redacted> >Subject:
[IPk] Minimed 508 Resevoirs >Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 15:20:16 +0100 >
>I've been using a loaned Minimed 507 for the past couple of months. I
picked >up a brand new (i.e mine) 508 from my clinic a couple of days
ago. Following >unexplained high sugars, I noticed that the resevoir was
really wobbly. I >think this was causing it to disengage slightly from
the driver arms and not >deliver insulin. (I confirmed this by
disconnecting and delivering a 5 unit >prime. A whole unit was delivered
before any insulin appeared) > >Following a number of unsucessful
attempts to get "technical support" from >Minimed, I returned the 508 to
my clinic. They had another brand new 508 >waiting to be picked up and we
tried the resevoir in that and it was exactly >the same. Consequently,
I'm back to the 507 while we sort it out. > >Was just wondering if anyone
else had this problem. With the 507, when the >door is closed, the
resevoir does not move AT ALL. yet it was rotating by >quite a long way
in these 508's. > >Caroline >IDDM 18+ yrs, Pump 2 (ish!) months