Re: [IPk] Weight versus insulin

Hello Pat

You wrote:-

Hunger is a symptom of insufficient insulin, as well as of insufficient
food - do you know which it is, in her case?  Is she supposed to be
loosing weight?

No, Danielle is considered underweight for her height.  She has just turned 8
years old and she is 4' 6" and 4 st 4lbs.  This is what she was at the last
clinic appointment but last week she went up to 4 st 7 lbs and within the
last 2 days has dropped to 4 st 5.5 lbs.  She has 15 units of Mixtard 40 in
the morning and 5 units of Mixtard 40 in the evening but she goes too low
overnight.  I have to check her at 11 pm and then at 4 am.  She is always 3
or 4 when she gets up in the morning even if I reduce her evening dose to 3
or 4.