[IPk] Replacement meter

Yesterday my 2-year-old son very graciously hurled my Bayer Esprit across
the room, when it looked like I wasn't going to take him out for a walk.
Fair game I suppose. Then I found the slidey mechanism for ejecting strips
had become well and truly bust. I took the damn thing apart, and was faced
with 20 pieces on the kitchen table which I couldn't put back together
again :-/

I'm in Bayreuth for the summer, and I fished out my backup meter which I
rarely use - it's a OneTouch Ultra. I then got the box of strips out of the
cupboard, only to find I had brought its box of lancets instead. Oh dear.
So I was onto my backup-backup-strips: a 3 years out of date tub of
BM-Test. Ah well.

I rather sheepishly went to the local GP this morning, pleading my
misfortune. He gave me a prescription for a new meter, which I duely
collected from the chemist round the corner.

So all is well once again :-)

Oh - and my wife is pregnant. So lots more fun ahead of us!!!

mailto:email @ redacted